For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Skyepharma PLC which is a public limited company whose registered office is at 46-48 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB. References to “we” “us” “our” are to Skyepharma PLC and its affiliates.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.skyepharma.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, fax number, where you work and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us and to carry out our contractual obligations;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already entered a contract for or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to see where the website is being used in the world to ensure coverage, and for click stream analysis to help better understand website usage.
We may share your personal information with any member of the Skyepharma group of companies. We may also share your information with selected third parties for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
We will not comply with requests from third parties to disclose your personal information without your consent, except :
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Skyepharma PLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or request of a government or law enforcement agency, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we operate industry standard security measures, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. However, we shall not be liable for any loss, misuse or alteration to data in the event of a break down of security measures or any other unauthorised access of the data.